Donate to Gilda's Club
No one should have to face cancer alone
And thanks to Gilda’s Club Simcoe Muskoka, no one has to.
Gilda’s Club Simcoe Muskoka is an independent and locally-funded affiliate of the worldwide Cancer Support Community and we provide support, education, hope and healing to everyone currently impacted by cancer.
What’s more, all our services are free of charge.
Free support is a critical component of the Gilda’s Club philosophy. We know that the last thing anyone dealing with cancer needs is another expense.
We need a community of donors and volunteers to ensure that this valuable, life-enhancing program is available for those who need it. Help us ensure that community is stronger than cancer.
Any donation, big or small, will help provide information, education, and emotional support to people living with the impact of cancer in our community.
Become a Gilda’s Givers and see how powerful an investment of monthly donations make in our Cancer Support Program. A small donation will make a big difference over time.
A donation in memory of a family member, friend or colleague who has passed away creates a legacy of caring. We will send a card acknowledging your donation to the family.
Make a donation in honour of someone who is celebrating a special occasion: a wedding, anniversary, birthday, etc. We will send a card acknowledging your support and impact on our members’ lives.
Join the Beyond the Red Door Society
Beyond the Red Door Society supporters directly support our Cancer Support Program and provide all opportunities for growth and expanding core services.
We could not accomplish our Mission without Beyond the Red Door Society support.
Leave a Legacy
Planning a gift now that will support Gilda’s Club in the future ensures that your support will enable our Cancer Support Program to continue providing support for anyone impacted by cancer.
Courtyard of Hope
Honour your loved one by purchasing a brick in Gilda’s Courtyard of Hope and help pave the future of Gilda’s Club. You can recognize a person, family or business. For $200, your purchase of a personalized, inscribed brick in Gilda’s Courtyard of Hope.
When you donate, we commit to our Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is the tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that Gilda’s Club Simcoe Muskoka donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in our organization, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission and the way the organization intends to use donated resources; as well as its’ capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Looking to Support Gilda’s Club?
Join our community of donors who are committed to ensuring that our free cancer support program is available to anyone impacted by cancer – including families, friends and colleagues of those diagnosed.
Help us help them by getting involved or making a donation today.